This summer the Plainfield Township Fire Department will be hosting a unique EMT program. This program is specifically tailored for Fire Fighters. Taught by firefighters, this class will closely observe the rich traditions of the Fire Service, and will address the specific and unique challenges faced by fire based EMS responders.
Another feature of this program will be the delivery of the program. This class will meet every Wednesday night starting May 1st, also one Saturday per month; the in-class work will be heavily augmented by online content. The class sessions will be occupied by lab time and engagement with a low student to instructor ratio, which serves to ensure that each student receives the attention they need to succeed.
- This course will exceed the MDHHS-BETP standards and objectives
- Fire service traditions will be closely observed, with focus on individual roles and responsibilities, fire company dynamics, team problem solving skills, and situational awareness
- Students in this program will participate in realistic scenarios to augment knowledge gleaned from the latest EMT text, backed by instructors who will help ensure students succeed
- Blended learning format, meeting one night per week, and one Saturday per month
- Focused on a dynamic team environment using the latest equipment commonly used in their home departments, and participate in clinical experiences to affirm knowledge and skill
- Graduates will be eligible to take the National Registry examination, and apply for licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician – Basic through the MDHHS-BETP
Cost: $1,575 Includes Textbook, online learning content, online testing platform, uniform, and first attempt at the National Registry testing fees.
- To Register for this course please CLICK HERE
- $50 Deposit is due at time of registration.
- Print this Registration Form, take it to your chief for their approval.
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Drivers License
- Healthcare Provider CPR Card
- Hazardous Materials Awareness certification
- Active Firefighter – with chief approval
- Pass a Background Check and Drug Screening for clinicals
- One Wednesday evening class per week (1800-2200)
- One Saturday full day per month (0800-1700)
- Majority of class time will be filled with scenarios, labs, skills, and other engagement
- On-Line platform for the majority of ‘lecture’ content.
- Clinical Experience opportunities with the countries largest ambulance provider and Level II trauma centers
- Strong focus on the tradition and the format of the Fire Service
- Taught by Fire Fighters
- Strict observations of Fire Service protocol
More Information? e-Mail: email@example.com